Atrial Fibrillation Management and Stroke Prevention
Mon 06 March 17
This course will provide theoretical and practical knowledge of the condition of Atrial Fibrillation. Diagnosis will be examined, treatment (both medical and surgical) explained and evidence based management to include anticoagulation for stroke prevention.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the theory underpinning the disease of Atrial Fibrillation, the epidemiology, aetiology and pathophysiology
- Demonstrate an understanding of diagnostic and assessment criteria for Atrial Fibrillation
- Perform an accurate ECG and interpret normal and irregular rhythms
- Apply concepts appropriately in dealing with the current evidence for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation, rhythm and rate control
- Demonstrate an understanding of the management of Atrial Fibrillation, when referral is appropriate, the national guidelines, as well as quality and outcome framework aimed at stroke prevention including anticoagulation